In the information age, the digital age has made huge opportunities for embedded products, showing a bright future for the embedded market, and also posing new challenges for embedded manufacturers. From this we can see how many embedded systems will be in the future. Big development trend:
1. Embedded development is a system engineering, so embedded system vendors are required to provide not only the embedded hardware and software systems themselves, but also powerful hardware development tools and software packages.
2. The requirements of network and informationization With the maturity of Internet technology and the increasing bandwidth, the functions of single-function devices such as telephones, mobile phones, refrigerators, and microwave ovens are no longer single and the structure is more complicated.
3. Internet interconnection has become an inevitable trend.
In order to adapt to the requirements of network development, future embedded devices must require various network communication interfaces on the hardware. Traditional single-chip microcomputers lack network support, and a new generation of embedded processors have begun to embed network interfaces. In addition to supporting TCP/IP protocols, some support IEEE1394, USB, CAN, Bluetooth or IrDA communication interfaces or Several kinds of communication networking software and physical layer driver software are also required. The software system system kernel supports the network module, and even the Web browser can be embedded in the device, realizing the use of various devices to access the Internet anytime and anywhere.
4. Streamline system cores, algorithms, and reduce power and hardware and software costs.
Future embedded products are devices that combine hardware and software. In order to reduce power consumption and cost, designers need to streamline the system kernel as much as possible, retain only the hardware and software closely related to the system functions, and use the lowest resources to achieve the most appropriate functions. The designer is required to select the best programming model and continuously improve the algorithm to optimize compiler performance. Therefore, software personnel must have a wealth of hardware knowledge, but also need to develop advanced embedded software technologies, such as Java, Web and WAP.
5. Provide a friendly multimedia man-machine interface
Embedded devices can be intimately contacted by users, the most important factor being that it provides a very user-friendly interface. The image interface and flexible control method make people feel that the embedded device is like a familiar old friend. This requirement makes embedded software designers painstakingly work on graphical interfaces and multimedia technologies. Handwritten text input, voice dial-up Internet access, e-mail and color graphics, and images all give users a feeling of freedom. At present, some advanced PDAs have realized Chinese character writing and short message voice release on the display screen, but the general embedded equipment has a long way to go from this requirement.